Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Road To Recovery
I've been drinking a lot lately. Not college student a lot...but Cam a lot.

My favorite parts are apparently how I am when I'm drunk and the hungover day after. Both of those really show the magic and beauty that is alcohol and why we always keep coming back.

Apparently last night there was a lot of staring on my part. Half the people thought I was depressed and the other half thought I was in love. Sometimes i'll go a night sick and out of my mind and people will think I havent been drinking at all (and often I'll be sober and people will mock my drunkenness). I worry I have an ill defined drunk persona.

I'm not "Uh Oh...here comes drunk Cam". I'll never be a drunk Jacqui who dances instead of walking. Or a drunk Warren.

Maybe I react differently every time. Maybe different drinks give me different personalities like the many rings of the mandarin (really the best similie i could come up with).

Anyway puzzle for the ages. Hopefully when I'm Peter O'Toole age I'll have gotten the hang of it.

But the next day. So many people hate the hangover day but I've come to love it just as much.

I do all my homework the day before just to make sure little to nothing should rouse me from bed.

The trick is to wake up and just sit there...staring at a wall or ceiling or slowly climbing i-tunes until you physically cant anymore.

Then the "morning" is there for any amount of watching OC or Smallville or trash while via MSNs and Myspaces you try to piece together the night before. You never quite do it either. That's the beauty. The niggling question of 'what really happened?'.

Then the rest of the day is free for wearing shirts you dont usually wear, not shaving, strolling to fast food, shopping indescriminately for questionable purchases invigorated by the fact that yes you do have fun once and a while and that fun ought to extend to your whole life, trying your hand at a fancy dinner, playing zelda games on gameboy, watching romantic comedies on t.v., thinking about projects to do for the week when you are feeling better and overall just loving the ability to feel every single organ and their specific functions as they work overtime to stop your body from completely dying.

romanticizing terrible terrible things is my antidrug

CAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home